Health Care Help From Joe
What you need to know about enrolling under the Affordable Care Act
I understand that the Health Insurance Marketplace website, www.HealthCare.gov, has not been operating properly. However, my staff and I are here to help, and we will do everything in our power to make the enrollment process simpler for you and your family or small business.
For immediate assistance, call my office at 202-224-3954 or fill out a contact form by clicking here.
Four ways to apply
• Click here to apply online.
• Call 1-800-318-2596, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For businesses, call 1-800-706-7893.
• Click here to download the paper application form and instructions.
• Click here or call (304) 558-0684 to find the closest office you can visit for in-person help.
What the Affordable Care Act means to you
If you are already insured:
West Virginians who have health insurance through job-based coverage, Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP, TRICARE or an individual market policy, DO NOT have to purchase insurance through the Marketplace.
Click here if you already have health insurance and you want to know more about how you’ll be affected.
If you are uninsured:
Starting January 1, 2013, you will be required to purchase health insurance or you will pay a penalty, unless you are exempt.
Learn more about the penalty fee for not having health care. Click here.
Learn more about applying for exemption from the fee. Click here.
October 1, 2013: Marketplace open enrollment started
January 1, 2014: Health coverage can start
March 31, 2014: Open enrollment ends
How much health care will cost you
Get plan information in your area by clicking here.
In West Virginia, Highmark Health Services, Blue Cross Blue Shield is offering a variety of plans with various levels of coverage at different price values.
Click on the attachment below to find out if you are eligible for Medicaid.
- Medicaid Eligibility - If you are between the ages of 19 and 64 you may qualify for Medicaid with coverage starting January 1, 2014. Click here to find out if you are eligible for Medicaid. Are you eligible for Medicaid Graphic.pdf (240.1 KBs)