Apr 12 2012
Tomorrow: Manchin Wraps Up ‘Fighting For Every Job’ Tour with Visit to Robinson Run Coal Mine to See New Mine Communication Technology
Manchin will also visit Preston County Courthouse, participate in the Kenneth “Honey” Rubenstein Charity Basketball Event with Randy Moss, Pat White, Quincy Wilson and Landau Eugene Murphy Jr.
***New Event Added Tomorrow***
Washington, D.C. — U.S. Senator Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) will wrap up his two-week “Fighting for Every Job” tour tomorrow with a visit to the Robinson Run Coal Mine, where he will see a demonstration of new mine communication technology.
The event is part of Senator Manchin’s “Fighting for Every Job” tour, during which he is highlighting the connection between jobs and energy independence, his agenda to help small businesses succeed, how to revitalize American manufacturing, the importance of training the workforce through higher education, and his growing effort to hire unemployed veterans.
“As our coal miners work to produce the energy that powers this nation, their safety should always be our number one priority,” Senator Manchin said. “I have always said that anyone that wakes up to go to work in a coal mine in the morning should know that he or she will be returning home safely that night. I am looking forward to witnessing how this new technology works and hope that it will lead us to even greater safety improvements in our mines.”
Following his visit to the Robinson Run Coal Mine, Senator Manchin will have an open meeting on economic development at the Preston County Courthouse. In the evening, he will play in the Kenneth “Honey” Rubenstein Charity Basketball Event in Davis with Randy Moss, Pat White, Qunicy Wilson and Landau Eugene Murphy Jr.
A schedule of events appears below.**For Planning Purposes –Events Will Be Added**
Public/Media Schedule for Senator Joe Manchin
FRIDAY, April 13
When: 1-1:20 p.m.
Where: CONSOL Energy’s Robinson Run Coal Mine, Camp Run Portal Training Room
Directions from Interstate 79 to Camp Run Portal of Robinson Run Mine
- From I 79; take the South Fairmont exit, follow Rt. 250 North to Mannington, WV;
- Turn left just past the Rite Aid Pharmacy ( in Mannington) onto Buffalo Creek Road; Sign indicating left turn to Camp Run Portal 7.9 miles
- Continue 7.9 miles following the signs towards Curtisville Lake; proceed through the small community of Logansport
- Turn left at the sign as you leave Logansport Sign indicating left turn to Camp Run Portal 2.3 miles
- Turn left onto Camp Run / Glade Fork Road, Sign indicating left turn to Camp Run Portal
- Camp Run Portal is located on the left at the top of the hill, approximately 1 mile from the main road
- Upon arrival at Security Checkpoint, please provide name(s) and indicate you are attending Sen. Manchin visit
What: Senator Manchin will hold a media availability after viewing a demonstration of the
MagneLink® MCS, which is designed to allow trapped miners to communicate with rescuers on the surface in an emergency situation.
Media interested in attending must RSVP to Marni Goldberg at Marni_Goldberg@manchin.senate.gov
When: 4 p.m.
Where: Preston County Commission Meeting Room (located behind the Court House Annex which is 106 West Main Street), Kingwood
What: Senator Manchin visits with area residents at the Preston County Courthouse.
When: 6:30 p.m.
Where: Kenneth “Honey” Rubenstein Center - 141 Forestry Camp Road, Davis
What: Senator Manchin participates in the Kenneth “Honey” Rubenstein Charity Basketball Event with Randy Moss, Pat White, Quincy Wilson and Landau Eugene Murphy Jr.