Visiting Senator Manchin's Washington, D.C. Office
For directions to the Capitol Visitor Center, please click here.
U.S. Senator Joe Manchin
United States Senate
306 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510
Traveling to the Hart Senate Office Building by car is discouraged as parking in the area is extremely limited, and traffic is heavy during weekday commutes. If you decide to drive into Washington, D.C., the best place to park is at Union Station (GPS users may use the address 50 Massachusetts Avenue, NE, Washington, DC, 20002).
Driving directions are provided below as a planning tool. If you need any assistance, please call Senator Manchin’s office at (202) 224-3954.
- From northern and eastern panhandles of West Virginia: I-70 E to I-270 S to I-495 toward Virginia to George Washington Parkway to I-66 E (Theodore Roosevelt Memorial Bridge)
- From central West Virginia: Take I-79N to I-68 E to I-70 E to I-270 S to I-495 toward Virginia to I-66 E (Theodore Roosevelt Memorial Bridge)
- From southern West Virginia: Take I-64 E to I-81 N to I-66 E (Theodore Roosevelt Memorial Bridge)
Once you have crossed the Theodore Roosevelt Memorial Bridge:
1. Take the Independence Ave exit.
2. Stay straight to go onto US-50 E and continue onto Constitution Ave NW.
3. In about .1 mi, turn right onto Pennsylvania Ave NW.
4. In .1 mi, turn slight left onto Constitution Ave NW.
5. In .2 mi, turn slight left onto Louisiana Ave NW.
6. In .4 mi, Union Station will be straight ahead.
7. Follow signs for parking garage.
8. See “Walking from Union Station” below.
MARC Train Service
Using the Marc Train Service is highly recommended for visitors traveling from northern West Virginia. At the Martinsburg Caperton Transportation Center, take the train to Union Station. Please see “Walking from Union Station” below.
Union Station Metro Station
Using the Metro is also highly recommended, as parking in the area is extremely limited.
Recommendation: If you will be using the Metro more than once during your visit, a $9 all-day Metro fare card can be purchased for use after 9:30am.
From Southern and Central West Virginia:
From I-66 E, take exit 62 for VA-243 S/Nutley St. Follow the signs for the Metro.
Board the ORANGE LINE train toward NEW CARROLLTON.
At METRO CENTER, change to the RED LINE train toward SILVER SPRING. Arrive at UNION STATION.
See “Walking from Union Station” below.
From Northern West Virginia:
From I-270 E, Keep right to take I-270 LOCAL S via EXIT 8 toward Shady Grove Rd/Local Lanes. Then, take the MD-28/W Montgomery Ave exit, EXIT 6B-A. Finally, take the MD-28 E exit, EXIT 6A, on the left toward Rockville/Town Center. Follow the signs for the Metro.
- Board the RED LINE train toward GLENMONT METRO. Arrive at UNION STATION.
- See “Walking from Union Station” below.
Walking from Union Station
Once you have parked or you have arrived by train at Union Station, walk to the front of Union Station, pass the Christopher Columbus statue outside Union Station, and continue to Massachusetts Avenue, NE. Cross the Massachusetts Avenue, NE. Walk to 1st Street. After two blocks, you will be at the corner of 1st Street and C Street. Turn left and follow signs to Hart Senate Office Building.
If you need any assistance, please call Senator Manchin’s office at (202) 224-3954.