I'm Feeling Ill
The following medical information is provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
COVID-19 is a respiratory disease caused by a novel (new) coronavirus. Common symptoms of COVID-19 include fever and cough. Trouble breathing is a more serious symptom that means you should get medical attention.
Most people have mild illness and are able to recover at home. Keep track of your symptoms. If you have an emergency warning sign (including trouble breathing), get medical attention right away.
IF YOU'RE SICK...
- Stay home except to get medical care
- Separate yourself from other people and animals in your home
- Call ahead before visiting your doctor
- If you are sick or caring for someone who is sick, wear a facemask if available. During a public health emergency, facemasks may be reserved for healthcare workers. You may need to improvise a facemask using a scarf or bandana.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Monitor your symptoms carefully
- Get rest and stay hydrated
- Clean your hands often
- Avoid sharing personal household items
- Clean all "high-touch" surfaces, such as phones, remote controls, counters, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, toilets, keyboards, tablets, and bedside tables every day
- Seek medical attention if you have having trouble breathing
- See COVID-19 and Animals if you have questions about pets.
- Follow the CDC's recommendations on disinfecting your home.
Household members, intimate partners, and caregivers in a nonhealthcare setting may have close contact with a person with symptomatic, laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 or a person under investigation. Close contacts should monitor their health; they should call their healthcare provider right away if they develop symptoms suggestive of COVID-19.
List of COVID-19 Testing Sites: https://dhhr.wv.gov/COVID-19/pages/testing.aspx
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Recommendations For Sick People: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/steps-when-sick.html
Guidance on Cleaning When Caring for an Ill Person at Home: https://dhhr.wv.gov/COVID-19/Documents/COVID19_guidance_ill_home_care.pdf
What to do if you were exposed to someone with COVID-19: https://dhhr.wv.gov/COVID-19/Documents/hcp/What-to-do-if-you-were-potentially-exposed-to-someone-with-confirmed-COVID19.pdf
What to do if you are waiting for test results or have tested positive for COVID-19: https://dhhr.wv.gov/COVID-19/Documents/hcp/What-to-do-if-you-are-waiting-for-test-results-or-have-tested.pdf