I'm Feeling Ill
The following medical information is provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
COVID-19 is a respiratory disease caused by a novel (new) coronavirus. Common symptoms of COVID-19 include fever and cough. Trouble breathing is a more serious symptom that means you should get medical attention.
IF YOU'RE SICK...
- Stay home except to get medical care
- Separate yourself from other people and animals in your home
- Call ahead before visiting your doctor
- If you are sick or caring for someone who is sick, wear a facemask if available. During a public health emergency, facemasks may be reserved for healthcare workers. You may need to improvise a facemask using a scarf or bandana.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Monitor your symptoms carefully
- Get rest and stay hydrated
- Clean your hands often
- Avoid sharing personal household items
- Clean all "high-touch" surfaces, such as phones, remote controls, counters, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, toilets, keyboards, tablets, and bedside tables every day
- Seek medical attention if you have having trouble breathing
- See COVID-19 and Animals if you have questions about pets.
- Follow the CDC's recommendations on disinfecting your home.
Household members, intimate partners, and caregivers in a nonhealthcare setting may have close contact with a person with symptomatic, laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 or a person under investigation. Close contacts should monitor their health; they should call their healthcare provider right away if they develop symptoms suggestive of COVID-19.
List of COVID-19 Testing Sites: https://dhhr.wv.gov/COVID-19/pages/testing.aspx
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Recommendations For Sick People: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/steps-when-sick.html
Guidance on Cleaning When Caring for an Ill Person at Home: https://dhhr.wv.gov/COVID-19/Documents/COVID19_guidance_ill_home_care.pdf
What to do if you were exposed to someone with COVID-19: https://dhhr.wv.gov/COVID-19/Documents/hcp/What-to-do-if-you-were-potentially-exposed-to-someone-with-confirmed-COVID19.pdf
What to do if you are waiting for test results or have tested positive for COVID-19: https://dhhr.wv.gov/COVID-19/Documents/hcp/What-to-do-if-you-are-waiting-for-test-results-or-have-tested.pdf