May 10, 2019
Maintenance Worker,US Department Of The Army-Burnsville
- Troubleshoot, locate and make basic repairs of electrical wiring, controls, equipment and fixtures.
- Operate dump truck equipped with pintle hitch and pulling heavy equipment trailer (Combined weight over 26,000 pounds with trailer weight over 10,000 pounds).
- Perform trade practices associated with carpentry, masonry, plumbing, electrical, cement work, painting, welding and other related trades.
- Measure, cut, bend and thread pipe and tile, and to caulk and seal joints.
- Calculate materials and make accurate measurements in performing maintenance assignments
- Reads and interprets blueprints and technical manuals to effect repairs.
- Use hand tools and test equipment such as screwdrivers, pliers, wire cutters, soldering irons, test lamps, and ammeters.
- Prepare water samples and submit to the proper state authorities for testing.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position is covered by the Civilian Drug Testing Program.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain all Corps of Engineers licenses which includes but is not limited to Dump Truck, Truck and Trailer, Crane, Forklift, and Construction Equipment.
- Must obtain and maintain a valid state water treatment plant operator's license with the level required to operate the project's water plant(s).
- Must obtain and maintain a valid state sewage treatment plant operator's license with the level required to operate the project's sewage treatment plant(s).
- Must obtain and maintain a current Corps of Engineers motorboat operator's license including all requirements of the District Licensing Policy.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
- Must possess and maintain a valid State motor vehicle operator's license prior to appointment.
- May be required to perform wildfire suppression duties
- This position requires the incumbent to work in inclement weather
For more information, click here