Business Outreach Specialist for Appalachian Hatchery, Robert C. Byrd Institute
The Robert C. Byrd Institute (RCBI), West Virginia’s Advanced Manufacturing Technology Center, is accepting resumes for a Business Outreach Specialist for Appalachian Hatchery, an initiative to encourage business retention and expansion by delivering local assistance to manufacturers and new training opportunities in communities across southern West Virginia focused on Boone, Lincoln, Logan and Mingo counties.
The full-time, exempt position – based in Southern WV – will provide retooling, new market development, marketing, prototyping, training and other services to manufacturers and other companies in West Virginia’s 20 southernmost counties impacted by the decline of the coal industry. The Specialist will support new entrepreneurial development and business formations to encourage a robust business to business (B2B) network for supply chain participants and other manufacturers so they expand their market opportunities.
Successful candidate will:
Work one-on-one with clients assisting them with retooling, accessing new markets and export opportunities, and in seeking early-stage funding opportunities
• Recruit clients for membership in RCBI’s B2B Network, an electronic database of companies for supply chain participation in a global market
• Recruit and schedule workforce development training for individuals and manufacturers
• Enhance entrepreneurial activity by connecting clients to RCBI’s prototyping and shared manufacturing equipment capabilities
• Refer clients to partners and service providers
• Build and maintain professional relationships with businesses across West Virginia
• Collaborate closely with Appalachian Hatchery partners
High school diploma.
• Three (3) years’ experience in community and/or business development.
• Ability to travel across the region.
Must be able to perform all essential duties as outlined in the job description.
For more information, click here