May 03, 2019
Construction Foreman,A-Zone Environmental Services-Charles Town
- Supervise and direct field crews and subcontractors.
- Ensure implementation of health and safety and project work plans.
- Produce schedules and monitor attendance of crew.
- Manage crew’s labor and equipment time in order to achieve maximum productivity and meet budgets.
- Interface and communicate with clients in a professional manner.
- Operate and maintain heavy equipment.
- Oversee delivery and off-loading of supplies and materials.
- Complete field reports, daily reports, production reports, etc.
- Report on progress to managers, engineers, etc.
- Supervise the use of machinery and equipment.
- Coordinate tasks according to priorities and plans
- 5+ years of proven experience as an earthwork construction foreman.
- Experience operating heavy equipment to include dozer.
- Must have earthwork experience (cuts/fills, laying pipe, meeting grade).
- Ability to read drawings, plans, and blueprints
- Ability to communicate and report effectively
- Aptitude in math
- Ability to read blueprints and drawings.
- Knowledge of construction contracts, subcontracts, and the bid process.
- Ability to manage budgets and schedules.
- Strong leadership required to manage crews.
- Good physical condition and stamina.
- High School Diploma, GED or vocational school supplemented by college level or training courses in project management and environmental science, or related filed.
- A valid driver’s license is required and a safe driving record as measured by company policy
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be able to obtain access to military bases across the United States.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER with current 8-hour refresher and 30-hour OSHA certificate preferred.
- Pre-employment, periodic and random drug and alcohol testing is required for this position.
For more information, click here