Realty Assistant,US Department of the Army-Huntington
- Selects the necessary data to enter into computer systems to effectuate purchase requests and commitment, obligations, certifications, requests of checks, receiving reports and other necessary actions.
- Ensure all Real Estate actions are processed and the files are documented in accordance with all appropriate laws and regulations.
- Perform a variety of support functions related to the acquisition of required lands, relocation of residents and businesses that are affected by acquisitions or relocation contracts.
- Examines legal assemblies, tract files, policies of title insurance, correspondence and memos, Corps policies, guidance, law and regulations to compile information for the preparation of real estate documents.
- Assists in the development of new procedures affecting real estate payments, ensuring priority processing for urgent real estate acquisition matters.
- Assures that all necessary entries are made into the Real Estate Management Information System.
- Contacts other technical specialists throughout the District in order to coordinate and expedite real estate acquisition actions, including title contract procurements, scheduling, payment processing and resolution of unusual non-routine problems.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job.
GS-06 Specialized experience is defined as: Utilizing various computer systems to access, input, track and maintain information; preparing various forms, correspondence, memorandums and reports following guides and regulations. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the second grade/level position in the federal service (GS-05).
GS-07 Specialized experience is defined as: Utilizing various computer systems to access, input, track and maintain information; preparing various forms, correspondence, memorandums and reports following guides and regulations, provide support functions related to the acquisition of required lands, relocation of residents and businesses affected by acquisitions, administering relocation contracts and administering the Uniform Relocations Assistance Real Property Acquisition Policies Act of 1970, as amended.This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the second grade/level position in the federal service (GS-06).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Computer Skills
- Manages and Organizes Information
- Written Communication
For more information, click here