July 26, 2019
Stock Worker and Receiver, Sodexo Inc. - Keyser
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment.
- Receives, lifts, moves, stores, issues, counts, sorts, weighs and verifies items on requisitions or invoices.
- Receives and processes a wider variety of incoming freight, including stationery supplies, chemicals, electronic equipment, and other materials on a daily basis across perimeter buildings and according to priority.
- Compares incoming and outgoing shipments to bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records to verify information.
- Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Fills orders, issues supplies from stock and rotates stock to ensure freshness.
- Resolves delivery problems using a computerized account payable/purchasing system.
- Assembles and delivers equipment such as glassware carts.
- Utilizes in-house inventory tracking system.
- Prepares assets for distribution, including transportation and storage.
- Returns damaged items or other items to vendors that do not meet Sodexo specifications.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of storage areas by sweeping and mopping.
- Provides security for all stock in the storeroom and/or refrigerator/freezer.
- Follows all safety requirements of Sodexo, the facility, local, state and federal jurisdictions.
- May move or transport materials or supplies to other departments using hand or industrial trucks.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP/OSHA, and/ or local policies and procedures related to all assigned work.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- No previous work experience necessary.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
To find out more, click here