August 02, 2019
Watch Desk Officer, Biometric Tech Center - Clarksburg
- Shall possess knowledge of the DoD biometrics environment, customer knowledge base, data, domain knowledge, and policies, to operate and maintain 24x7x365-day watch desk service operations of all DoD biometric systems submitting to the DoD authoritative biometrics repository(s).
- Monitors unclassified as well as classified networks for the upload of biometric files and images to be manually submitted.
- Manually transfers biometric files, biometric images, and response files from one domain to another.
- Performs a two-person review as well as a “dirty word search” on all cross-domain transfers from the classified network to the unclassified network.
- Answers user questions concerning biometrics, transactions, family-of-systems and other user inquiries.
- Works closely with the System Administrators and monitors system health and the current operational status of the biometrics repository(s).
- Identifies and corrects, as able, files that error in the repository(s).
- Categorizes all watch desk submissions and follows industry-leading processes and established workflows for problem resolution.
- Writes and updates standard operating procedures for common and recurring Watchdesk tasks.
- Submits workflow documentation to the Government for review and approval, to include unresolved items that affect the design of the DoD system to the system Change Control Board for consideration.
- Utilizes government provided automated tools to the maximum extent possible to capture trends, catalog trouble call resolution statuses, and track metrics to operate and maintain the 24x7x365 day watch desk.
- Generates both standard and ad hoc reports for specific customers for all submissions.
- Removes biometric records from the repository(s) with proper Government approval and keeps a record of the removal.
- The Tier 1 watch desk shall be located at the DFBA-WV facility and Tier II/III support shall be provided by employee staff functional experts, system developers, and DoD systems operators/administrators as required.
- Provides the Government with a monthly Biometrics Watch Desk Metrics Report that identifies and tracks trouble calls, call resolutions, and other watch desk metrics.
- Reviews and analyzes data to identify trends and provides recommendations for improvements and training as part of the Biometrics Watch Desk Metrics Report.
- Uses existing automated help desk tools and continually assesses new automated tools that can provide improvements to both users and the DoD authoritative biometric repository(s) operations.
- High School/GED and 7 years’ experience, or Associate's Degree and 2 years’ experience.
- Must be willing to work independently or as part of a team.
- Must already possess and be able to maintain a DoD Secret clearance
- Must be willing to work alternate shifts in a 24/7/365 environment.
- Possesses knowledge of secretarial and office administrative procedures, in addition to the use and operation of standard office equipment. Expert level experience with a variety of computer software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint is required. A high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations is a must.
- Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy. Some analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work.
For more information, click here