May 03, 2019
XTO Instrumentation & Electrical Technician,Imperial Oil-Shinnston
- Will install, troubleshoot and maintain plant and field instrumentation and equipment, including but not limited to transmitters, valves, switches, sensors, pumps, motors, VFDs, switchgear, lighting and transformers.
- Position is hands on and requires working in extreme outdoor conditions and as part of a rotational team for after-hours call outs.
- Maintaining and enhance a strong safety culture.
- Maintain and improve existing electrical, control, and instrumentation systems at existing facilities as well as assisting/monitoring new installs.
- Ability to look for and improve operating costs and ease of control in facility processes.
- Oversee and work with construction contractors to insure any work is done safely, efficiently, and up to electrical code and/or good practices.
- Complete documentation associated with maintenance or calibration of I&E equipment and assist in procedure review/development.
- Area of coverage will be predominantly West Virginia but could include any areas in the Marcellus Shale region including Ohio & Pennsylvania.
- Basic understanding of instrumentation, controls, control systems, safety systems and electrical equipment.
- Able to read and decipher electrical and controls drawings.
- Able to access PLC and use as a troubleshooting tool.
- Comprehend the principals of flow, level, temperature and pressure measurement.
- Able to install controls and low voltage electrical equipment, including wiring and pneumatic tubing.
- Able to configure, calibrate and maintain field instrumentation.
- Demonstrate a willingness to receive on-going training and mentoring.
- Display very good troubleshooting skills to include the ability to solve technical issues in a timely manner and using good judgment when additional assistance is required.
- Willingness to work as a team member with peers and with staff in other departments within the organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn how to plan, schedule and document projects.
- Minimum 2-year technical associates degree or 3 years of relevant work experience is preferred.
- Experience with or the willingness to learn other trade related software like RSLogix, and AMS Device Manager.
For more information, click here