September 01, 2021
Manchin Announces $2.9 Million From the American Rescue Plan For Improvement Projects At West Virginia Airports
Charleston, WV – Today, U.S. Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV), member of the Senate Appropriations Committee, announced $2,986,835 from the American Rescue Plan and annual appropriations for five West Virginia Airports. This funding is distributed through the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) and will support airport improvement projects at five airports. Senator Manchin previously announced $1,953,098 to support improvement projects at the Martinsburg and Morgantown airports.
“The American Rescue Plan continues to provide critical relief to West Virginia and our economy. West Virginia regional airports play a key role in spurring economic growth by increasing tourism and serving as hubs for manufacturing and other businesses,” said Senator Manchin. “This funding from the American Rescue Plan will support various improvement projects at five regional airports, helping our regional and state economies recover from the COVID-19 pandemic. As a pilot myself, I am committed to helping West Virginia’s aerospace industry thrive and I will continue to advocate for our regional airports.”
Individual awards listed below:
- $1,145,089 – Morgantown Municipal-Walter L Bill Hart Field
- Senator Manchin previously announced $1,603,098 in funding for the same improvement project.
- $626,584 – WV Regional/Shepherd Airport
- Senator Manchin previously announced $350,000 in funding for the same improvement project.
- $606,666 – Jackson County Regional Airport
- $547,102 – Elkins-Randolph County Regional Airport
- $61,394 – Upshur County Regional Airport
Next Article Previous Article