October 28, 2021
Manchin Announces $4.5 Million From American Rescue Plan For West Virginia Airports
Washington, DC – Today, U.S. Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV), member of the Senate Appropriations Committee, announced $4,521,554 from the American Rescue Plan for 9 airports in West Virginia. This funding is distributed through the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) to provide economic relief and increase safety precautions during the COVID-19 pandemic.
“West Virginia depends on our regional airports to serve as manufacturing and economic hubs and to bring new tourists to the Mountain State. The American Rescue Plan continues to provide vital relief across the state, and I’m pleased this funding will support our regional airports as they recover from the COVID-19 pandemic. As a member of the Senate Appropriations Committee and a pilot myself, I will continue to advocate for West Virginia’s regional airports as we continue to invest in our infrastructure and economy,” said Senator Manchin.
Individual awards listed below:
- $3,077,526 – West Virginia International Yeager Airport
- $1,206,028 –North Central West Virginia Airport
- $59,000 – Raleigh County Memorial Airport
- $59,000 – Mid-Ohio Valley Regional Airport
- $32,000 – Jackson County Airport
- $22,000 – Braxton County Airport
- $22,000 – Summersville Airport
- $22,000 – Logan County Airport
- $22,000 – Philippi/Barbour County Regional Airport
Next Article Previous Article