Manchin, Capito Announce More Than $8 Million For Housing, Fighting Homelessness
Washington, D.C. – U.S. Senators Joe Manchin (D-WV) and Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV), members of the Senate Appropriations Committee, today announced $8,601,585 to multiple entities fighting against homelessness in West Virginia. Funding is provided by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
“Investment in public housing infrastructure is critical to the health of our communities. Everyone, no matter their circumstances, deserves to have a roof over their head. Access to affordable housing helps individuals to get back on their feet and provides them with another opportunity to contribute to their communities. As a member of the Senate Appropriations Committee I am proud that West Virginia is receiving this funding, and I will continue to fight to ensure that everyone has a safe place to sleep,” said Senator Manchin.
“Far too many individuals in West Virginia are struggling with homelessness and access to affordable housing,” Senator Capito said. “These grants will help local groups on the front lines of this issue and help those in need. Investing in housing infrastructure provides for a safer and healthier West Virginia.”
Individual awards listed below:
• $1,548,207 - Huntington West Virginia Housing Authority
• $1,547,429 - WV Coalition to End Homelessness, Inc.
• $789,261 - Cabell-Huntington Coalition for the Homeless
• $718,744 - Raleigh County Community Action Association, Inc.
• $514,245 - Telamon Corporation
• $413,056 - Clarksburg Housing Authority
• $399,526 - Greater Wheeling Coalition for the Homeless
• $380,791 - Covenant House, Inc.
• $340,674 - YWCA Charleston
• $340,551 - Barlett House, Inc.
• $272,098 - Branches Domestic Violence Center
• $220,697 - Roark-Sullivan Lifeway Center
• $185,096 - Task Force on Domestic Violence, “HOPE, Inc.
• $180,842 - Charleston-Kanawha Housing Authority
• $143,325 - Kanawha Valley Collective
• $135,243 - Community Action of South Eastern West Virginia, Inc.
• $116,985 - Shenandoah Women’s Center
• $100,521 - North Central WV Community Action, Inc.
• $92,294 - Prestera Center
• $91,713 - City of Charleston
• $70,287 - Southwestern Community Action Council, In
Next Article Previous Article