Manchin Provides Update On American Rescue Plan Direct Aid To West Virginians
Video of Senator Manchin’s statement on direct aid to West Virginians from the American Rescue Plan can be found here
Washington, DC – Today, U.S. Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) provided an update on the direct aid West Virginians have received from the American Rescue Plan. The American Rescue Plan continues to deliver critical aid directly to West Virginians through stimulus checks, unemployment assistance, Child Tax Credits, Earned Income Tax Credit extensions and health insurance assistance.
“The COVID-19 pandemic has tested every West Virginian over the past year but the American Rescue Plan has delivered much needed relief to families and individuals struggling to make ends meet. The American Rescue Plan provided direct aid to a majority of West Virginians through $1,400 stimulus checks. The relief package also provides support for West Virginians who lost their jobs through no fault of their own by extending unemployment benefits, helps support West Virginia families through the child tax credits and assists West Virginians through other forms of direct aid. We are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and the American Rescue Plan will help West Virginians recover from this incredibly difficult year,” said Senator Manchin.
American Rescue Plan direct aid to West Virginians:
- Stimulus Checks: It is estimated that 891,039 West Virginian households received stimulus checks, totaling $2,275,091,000.
- Unemployment Assistance: As of March, 2021, 47,300 West Virginians have received unemployment benefits.
- Child Tax Credits: 346,000 West Virginian children will benefit from the Child Tax Credit expansion and 50,000 West Virginian children under 18 will be lifted above or closer to the poverty line from the expansion.
- Earned Income Tax Credits: It is estimated that 110,000 workers in West Virginia will benefit from the Earned Income Tax Credit expansion.
- Health Insurance Assistance: Nearly 17,000 West Virginians without health insurance are eligible for tax credits to help with premium costs from the expansion of the Affordable Care Act from the American Rescue Plan. Additionally, it is estimated that 3,900 of those West Virginians without healthcare coverage will qualify for fully-subsidized coverage.
A video of Senator Manchin’s statement on direct aid to West Virginians from the American Rescue Plan can be found here.
To learn more about the American Rescue Plan funding and benefits for West Virginia, click here.
Next Article Previous Article