Manchin, Rockefeller Announce More Than $5 Million for Health Centers Across West Virginia
WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senators Joe Manchin and Jay Rockefeller, Chairman of the Senate Finance Committee’s Subcommittee on Health Care, today announced more than $5,044,000 in federal grant funding for sixteen community health centers in West Virginia to continue operations and improve preventive care.
“Improving the quality, affordability and accessibility of healthcare resources is critical for the people of West Virginia, especially our children, seniors, veterans and those living in our rural communities,” Manchin said. “This funding will help facilities all across our great state provide the best possible preventive care, treatment and health services to residents.”
“Community health centers across our state serve some of our most rural areas making them a critical access point for care,” said Rockefeller. “Federal funding supports these centers in their mission to keep West Virginians healthy. I’m so pleased to see several centers receive this funding for their preventive and primary health care services.”
The Health Center Cluster grant is a competitive grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) to provide financial assistance to community health centers that offer comprehensive primary and preventive health care services to underserved or rural areas.
The individual award amounts are:
• $208,052 – Belington Community Medical Services Association – Belington, W.Va.
• $230,032 – Cabin Creek Health Center – Cabin Creek, W.Va.
• $212,000 – CHANGE – Weirton, W.Va.
• $254,970 – Community Care of West Virginia – Rock Cave, W.Va.
• $219,202 – E.A. Hawse Health Center – Baker, W.Va.
• $1,368,630 – Minnie Hamilton Health Care Center – Grantsville, W.Va.
• $214, 398 – Monongahela Valley Association of Health Centers – Fairmont, W.Va.
• $202,406 – Pendleton Community Care – Franklin, W.Va.
• $214,014 – Preston-Taylor Community Health Centers – Grafton, W.Va.
• $212,482 – Ritchie County Primary Care Associates – Harrisville, W.Va.
• $204,362 – Roane County Family Health Care – Spencer, W.Va.
• $283,998 – Shenandoah Valley Medical Systems – Martinsburg, W.Va.
• $198,026 – St. George Medical Clinic – St. George, W.Va.
• $209,848 – Valley Health Care – Mill Creek, W.Va.
• $550,205 – Wirt County Health Services Association – Elizabeth, W.Va.
• $265,316 – Womencare – Scott Depot, W.Va.
Next Article Previous Article