March 15, 2019
Sales Manager,Holiday Inn and Suites-Charleston
- Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business through various efforts including sales calls, telemarketing, referrals, networking, etc. to maximize room revenue.
- Respond to direct inquiries, third party lead sites, internet/website and walk-in leads and send proposals, collateral and menus, logging all activity and following up with potential clients.
- Ensure quick and efficient responses to customer issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
- Attend all applicable daily, weekly and/or monthly department or hotel meetings to ensure proper communication and planning. Ensure timely notification of customer specifications with other departments.
- Develop and continually enhance relationships with key accounts to maintain and increase our market share.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all property offerings, food & beverage minimums, room rentals, hotel rates, strategies, discounts/promotions, meeting space layout and capacities, catering menus with pricing and any in-house events taking place.
- Participate in trade shows and community and professional organizations to maintain high visibility and the achievement of sales and revenue goals.
- Maintain accurate and legible records and files to provide sales history and continuity of quality service.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned and participate in task forces and committees as requested by management.
- Outstanding customer service skills and ability to attend to guests and associates in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell and influence professionals and hotel guests.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and communicate in English to adequately perform the duties of the job.
- Knowledge of sales/hospitality principles and practices preferred.
- Ability to investigate and analyze current activities or information in the sales/marketing field.
- Ability to travel to area businesses and accounts to solicit new business
- Ability to make decisions based on established policies and procedures and guidance from the DOS.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying inquiries made guests, staff and corporate officers.
- Ability to handle sensitive material with the utmost discretion and confidentiality.
- Must be energetic, a self-starter, and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work both independently and with a team.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be willing to work on weekends and evenings if required.
For more information, click here