Storm Information Center
Senator Manchin Urges West Virginians to Prepare for Severe Weather
INFORMATION, RESOURCES AND IMPORTANT CONTACTS:
Information from FEMA available here: http://www.fema.gov/
If you or someone you know may be impacted by the storm, here are a few things to do to get ready:
- Get some extra cash out at the ATM today. If the power goes out, banks/ATMs may be offline for some time.
- Make a plan for how you'll keep your cell phone charged if you lose power for several days. Picking up a solar or hand-crank charger for your phone is a good idea.
- Take steps to protect your home/business from high winds ¬ cover windows, clean gutters, trim trees.
- Get to the store today for emergency supplies such as water, nonperishable food, batteries, flashlight, etc.
- Make sure you have what you need in case the power goes out and cold weather moves in. Double check that you have a safe, warm place you can go, blankets in your home/car, and winter items like snow shovels and rock salt.
Employers: make sure your employees are prepared and review your continuity and tele-work plans.
For information about electric outages:
Website of the Governor of West Virginia
Local issues may also be reported to the Governor's office at 304-558-2000.