July 15, 2021
Manchin Announces $5.4 Million From American Rescue Plan For West Virginia Rural Hospitals COVID-19 Testing and Mitigation Programs
Washington, DC – Today, U.S. Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) announced $5,425,896 from the American Rescue Plan for 21 rural hospitals across West Virginia, with each rural hospital receiving $258,376. The awards are distributed through the U.S. Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Small Rural Hospital Improvement Program (SHIP) and will be used for COVID-19 testing and mitigation efforts.
“Our rural hospitals continue to be on the frontlines of the COVID-19 pandemic, working tirelessly to provide quality care to West Virginians while operating on shoestring budgets. The American Rescue Plan continues to deliver critical relief to West Virginia, and this funding for 21 rural hospitals across the state will help curb the spread of the virus. We know widespread testing is vital to ending this pandemic, and this funding from the American Rescue Plan will support testing and mitigation efforts for rural communities across the Mountain State,” said Senator Manchin.
Individual awards listed below:
Each hospital will receive $258,376.
· Boone Memorial Hospital
· Broaddus Hospital
· Grafton City Hospital
· Grant Memorial Hospital
· Hampshire Memorial Hospital
· Minnie Hamilton Health System
· Mon Health Preston Memorial Hospital
· Montgomery General Hospital
· Plateau Medical Center
· Pocahontas Memorial Hospital
· Roane General Hospital
· Sistersville General Hospital
· Summers County ARH
· War Memorial Hospital
· Webster County Memorial Hospital
· WVU Medicine Braxton County Memorial Hospital
· WVU Medicine Jackson General Hospital
· WVU Medicine Jefferson Medical Center
· WVU Medicine Potomac Valley Hospital
· WVU Medicine St. Joseph’s Hospital
· WVU Medicine Summersville Regional Medical Center
To learn more about the American Rescue Plan funding and benefits for West Virginia, click here.
Next Article Previous Article