June 30, 2021
Manchin, Capito Announce $16.6 Million For West Virginia Head Start Programs
Charleston, WV– U.S. Senators Joe Manchin (D-WV) and Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV), members of the Senate Appropriations Committee, today announced $16,643,270 from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) for Head Start and Early Head Start programs across West Virginia.
“Investing in West Virginians at an early age is essential for a bright future. Head Start programs provide our youngest West Virginians with the skills and foundations they need to succeed throughout their education, and I am pleased HHS is investing in several Head Start and Early Head Start Programs across West Virginia. I will continue to advocate for funding to ensure every child in West Virginia has the educational opportunities they deserve, regardless of their background,” said Senator Joe Manchin.
“In West Virginia, we understand that a solid education and good health are fundamental to the success of our next generation,” Senator Capito said. “I have long been an advocate for Head Start funding because I have seen the difference these program can make in the lives of our youth. Investing in our children is a direct investment into our future, and I look forward to the difference this will make in West Virginia.”
Individual Awards Listed Below
- $6,891,316 – Northern Panhandle Head Start, Inc., Head Start and Early Head Start
- $5,133,451 – Eastern Panhandle Instructional Cooperative, Head Start and Early
- $1,853,478 – Upshur Human Resources, Inc., Head Start
- $1,579,812 – Monongalia County Board of Education, Early Head Start
- $1,185,213 – Greenbrier County Board of Education, Head Start
Next Article Previous Article