May 24, 2022
Manchin, Capito Announce $5.4 Million for Nine West Virginia Healthcare Providers
Washington, DC – Today, U.S. Senators Joe Manchin (D-WV) and Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV), members of the Senate Appropriations Committee, announced $5,416,868 from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) to support nine West Virginia healthcare providers. This funding from the Provider Relief Fund (PRF) was included in the CARES Act and other bipartisan COVID-19 pandemic relief packages.
“The COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the need for West Virginia’s healthcare providers and workers to be prepared for any emergency that tests our state. Our healthcare professionals continue to go above and beyond to care for their fellow West Virginians, and I’m pleased these nine providers are receiving support to continue their critical work through the Provider Relief Fund,” said Senator Manchin. “As a member of the Senate Appropriations Committee, I will continue advocating for funding to support our healthcare professionals as they care for West Virginians across the Mountain State.”
“We will forever be grateful for the brave and courageous service of our medical professionals in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic. One way we can support them is by making sure that our hospitals and health centers have the resources needed to help cover lost revenue and increased expenses during the pandemic. I’m glad to announce funding that will help do just that, and I will continue to help deliver the resources they need to operate efficiently and effectively,” Senator Capito said.
Senator Manchin’s recent efforts to secure funding for rural healthcare providers:
- On May 12th, 2022, Senator Manchin announced $6 million from the American Rescue Plan to support twelve West Virginia rural healthcare providers and suppliers.
- On April 14th, 2022, Senator Manchin announced $1.6 million from the American Rescue Plan to support 3 West Virginia rural healthcare providers.
- On April 14th, 2022, Senators Manchin and Capito announced $8.2 million from the Provider Relief Fund (PRF) to support 12 West Virginia healthcare providers.
- On March 24th, 2022, Senators Manchin and Capito announced $239K from HRSA to support ten West Virginia healthcare providers.
- On March 8th, 2022, Senators Manchin and Capito announced $1.4 million from HRSA to support 13 West Virginia healthcare providers.
- On January 27th, 2022, Senators Manchin and Capito announced $12.2 million from HRSA to support 32 West Virginia healthcare providers.
Individual awards listed below:
- $3,669,056 – Camden-Clark Memorial Hospital
- $1,279,845 – Camden-Clark Physician Corporation
- $236,074 – Pendleton Community Care
- $118,593 – Dr. David W. Ranson, Private Practice
- $83,592 – Sleep Medicine of WV: Charleston Sleep Solutions
- $11,487 – Pulmonary Services
- $9,115 – Nunya Corporation North Marion Vision Center
- $4,598 – Christopher Powers
- $4,508 – Dr. Sonya Movassaghi
Next Article Previous Article