March 08, 2019
Utility Systems/Repairer Operator,US Department Of Veterans Affairs-Martinsburg
- Performing repairs - rebuilding pumps, replacing items such as mechanical seals, bearings, valves, pipefittings and motors. Repairing insulation, re-packing valves and re-piping systems is also required along with various other repairs as determined by the Plant Supervisor.
- Operating, maintaining, and repairing a High Pressure Boiler Plant that consists of 3 gas/oil fired high pressure boilers that deliver 24,500 lbs/hr of steam each, boiler feed-water pumps, condensate pumps, deaerator, condensate return systems, chemical feed systems, and associated auxiliary equipment. Incumbent starts, stops, and regulates high pressure boilers and associated equipment as load demands.
- Ensuring that all boilers and associated equipment are operated IAW manufacturer recommendations and VA Boiler Plant Operations policies.
- Ensuring that all boilers and associated equipment are tested and perform IAW Boiler Plant Safety Device Testing 3rd edition.
- Operating and/or monitoring graphic control systems and various metering systems for the Boiler Plant, Chiller Plant, and Medical Center HVAC systems.
- Routinely collects samples in the Boiler Plant from boiler, feed water, condensate, and makeup water systems. Perform and analyze chemical tests on collected samples and chemically treats water systems to maintain proper chemical levels.
- Operating, maintaining, and repairing two 75,000 gallon and two 35,000 gallon ultra-low sulfur diesel above ground storage tanks, fuel oil transfer pumps, associated fuel oil piping, and metering equipment.
- Heavy lifting (45 pounds and over);
- Far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other;
- Repeated bending (2 hours);
- Heavy carrying (45 pounds and over);
- Climbing (use of legs and arms);
- Both legs required (one leg or foot may be compensated by prosthesis);
- Ability to distinguish basic colors; Pushing (4 hours);
- Ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously;
- Reaching above shoulder; Hearing (aid permitted);
- Use of fingers;
- Both hands required;
- Walking (2 hours);
- Near vision correctable at 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4;
- Other (specify): PH Code
For more information, click here